Let's face it, most of us don't eat enough vegetables throughout the day. Not only are they pack full of nutrients to help prevent diseases, but they can also help improve your complexion, hair, nails, and overall energy levels. If you just don't like the taste of vegetables in general and if you don't care for salads, try roasting vegetables!
My favourite vegetables are root vegetables (i.e. carrots, turnips, radishes, parsnips, etc.). They're in season during the fall, but we can get them all year round. By roasting them, their natural sugars caramalize and they become sweet with a nice roasted flavour.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. Cut up your favourite vegetables (I used 2 zucchinis, 2 carrots, 2 turnips, and 1 onion) into approximately 1-inch cubes.
3. Peel and slightly crush 1 clove of garlic.
4. Place everything on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Toss everything with olive oil (just enough to lightly coat, i.e. about 1 tbsp.) and 1-2 pinches of salt and pepper.
6. Lay out the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet.
7. Lightly drizzle with balsamic vinegar (optional).
8. Put the vegetables in the oven for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are slightly brown on top.
9. Place roasted vegetables on a serving dish and serve with lean protein like fish or skinless chicken breast for a complete meal. Enjoy! :)
If you do not like vegetables, you have to give this a try and let me know how it goes. It's such a tasty way to get vegetables into your diet.